Thursday, April 16, 2009

Possibility of new discoveries 4/16/09

I found this quote and thought of the ways in which i an reinventing myself now that I am no longer following one of my dreams and not living in my own home, and living out of a suitcase and trying to determine the next possibility.

"Often I feel I go to some distant region of the world to be reminded of who I really am. There is no mystery about why this should be so. Stripped of your ordinary surroundings, your friends, your daily routines, your refrigerator full of your food, your closet full of your clothes--with all this taken away, you are forced into direct experiences. Such direct experience inevitably makes you aware of who it is that is having the experience. That's not always comfortable, but it is always invigorating." -Michael Crichton"

While I am in my own land, My surroundings are not mine, my friends are different, there is only the daily routine that I create, my refrigerator belongs to someone else, my closet is not accessible and my clothes are in plastic buckets, so I have no choice but to redirect, right here, in the place where I am. Oh the possibilities.