Thursday, April 16, 2009

Endless Possibilities 4/16/09

It seems very strange to think that we both would have been sworn into the Peace Corps but instead we are home. We have been living out of a suit case since February. We moved from the Stone Cottage to a beautiful home in Woodstock that backs up to Mt. Tom, a national park/treasure. We are house sitting for friends. We spent Passover with our family and that was wonderful. The matzah holiday ends tonight...bring on the pizza. Next week we move again to a sweet condo in town that is owned by a friend who is a park ranger. She's off to Alaska for six months and we get her place. We put down new floors for her and hope that our next move will be quick. Steve is back to work and I am spending time with grand kids and my family. Today i go to see my mom and we get the results of her health assessment. I want to know her status before i make my next decision.
It is clear to me that I need to work. I am a bundle of excess energy and while I am never bored, I need to find meaningful work. I have had two interviews and both possibilities are in a new field for me and both offer personal growth.As for humanitarian work, the possibilities are endless. I went to the Sleeping Children Around the World training session in Toronto and that is a very exciting project that i hope to get involved in. We also met with a couple who are building a girl's school in Uganda. they live near Kingston Ontario. We had a wonderful visit with them and expect to be involved in their project, too. I have two other ideas that can be done from this side of the world. The possibilites are endless.
Spring is also a real possibility and I cannot wait.